Mark Burnett’s ingenious show (based on BBC’s Dragon’s Den) has finally been renewed!
ABC has renewed the Mark Burnett produced Shark Tank for a second season of 8 episodes. For three of the episodes, Jeff Foxworthy will join the five original sharks (real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran, “infomercial” industry pioneer Kevin Harrington, technology innovator Robert Herjavec, fashion icon Daymond John, and financial expert Kevin O’Leary).
Production will begin this fall with the episodes scheduled to air sometime in 2011. What’s Jeff Foxworthy doing on the show though? Sounds like a miss match, but I never doubt Burnett’s ability to produce a good show. Foxworthy is an unusual addition, not being a name that leaps to mind when you think about business savvy. But ABC points out he has his own line of beef jerky and BBQ sauces, in addition to expanding his comedy career to albums, books and forays into TV (including hosting Burnett’s game show “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader”).
- Big Brother 15 -Casting Analysis.. and advice for BB 16
- Meet the Contestants of Amazing Race 21
- The Salvation Army’s Practices Make Chick fil-A Seem Tame
- Boycotting Chick Fil-A – Has The Gay Community Gone Too Far?
- Meet Big Brother 14’s Token Gay – Wil Heuser
- TV Fall Preview Alert – Partners (CBS) – A First Look
- Backlash of the Gay Male Comedians
- Backlash Of The Gay Stereotypes
- An Open Letter To LOGO-TV
- Reality TV: The Aftermath We Seldom See
- LOGO TV’s New Direction
- Reality TV – Where is the LGBT Representation?
- Best of 2009
- Chick Fil-A
- Big Brother 11
- Happy Town
- Hell's Kitchen
- Kitchen Nightmares
- Live For The Moment
- More To Love
- Past Life
- Re-Inventing Bonaduce
- Reality TV
- Romantically Challenged
- Saturday Night Live
- Sons Of Tuscon
- Summer TV Preview
- The Amazing Race 15
- The Amazing Race 16
- The Deep End
- The Good Guys
- Undercover Boss